Thursday, March 6

my new motivation

I've been a bit of MIA lately... kind of busy at work, and kind of bummed about what the scale showed me last Friday - I was up 0.6. :(

I don't want to make excuses, but I suspect that I either gained some muscle during Feb., or my body is simply preparing for TOM (I had terrible cravings for sweets as a bonus!). I'm bummed because I'm still not really in a loosing mode, more like maintenance.

I know what I have to do - need to cut overall calories for the day, and add more cardio, dammit! Sounds simple enough, doesn't it? Well, cutting back on calories is hard, because I am working out pretty hard about five days out of seven, and when I work out, I want to it (and it's not like walking on a treadmill kind of workout - I'm talking lifting heavy weights with little breaks in between, and doing intervals while running).

But I do have a new motivation - I just booked our vacation to Nice, France! We leave 1st of May.

My goal will be to be down 5 pounds between now and May 1st. Let's say 2lbs by the end of March, and 3lbs in April.

How I will make it happen:

- continue weight-training on Mon. Wed. Fri.
- continue 40 min cardio on Tues. Fri.
- add a 20min run on treadmill after dinner on Mondays and Wednesdays
- go for a run on Sunday (1hr)

I don't want to promise that I will cut the food drastically, but I do want train myself to be mindful while I eat, and really enjoy the food (preferably in smaller quantities).

I just got this book - "French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating For Pleasure". I've been wanting to read it for awhile now - and the timing couldn't be more perfect, huh?

No comments: