Wednesday, January 17

Committment

Well, it's been a while since I posted... lots of things happened - my trip to Toronto, two Christmas dinners and New Year's dinner. I'm happy to report my weight remained the same - trust me, that's an accomplishment! :)

So, now that we're well into 2007, I'm sticking to my committment of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I'm no longer working towards a certain goal - no WW weigh-ins, no more personal trainer weigh-ins. Just me, treating my body like a temple (I didn't come up with that one! LOL), eating healthy and working out. Well, I should correct myself - I AM working towards a goal - to be healthy and happy by monitoring what I eat and working out - but I do not have to be a certain weight by certain time. I find that when I give myself a 'deadline' I get motivated at first, and then I throw in the towel right before the end - it's so weird! seems unproductive, right? And since I'm at a healthy BMI, and my trainer has confirmed that being in low 140's is okay for me, I'm going to focus on weight training and being OP (I'm still journaling and following WW).

One more goal, though - in keeping with my new and improved healthy lifestyle **drum roll please** - I'm giving up sweetners, and all things sweetned with artificial sweetners. And since I drink my daily cup of coffee with a sweetner, I'm giving that up too. I decided that I do not want to put chemicals in my body. Period. (You're probably thinking - there must be some hidden reason for this, there must be! why would a girl that was using sweetners for years give them up now! .... well, okay, I do have one more tiny additional reason apart from wanting to be healthy - I want to have a baby within the next couple of years, so I want my body to be as clean as possible.... there! I've said it!).

So - here's to a healthy 2007! ***i'm drinking water as i write*** :)

No comments: