Friday, January 19

It's Friiidaayy!!

Yes. It's Friday. I had a pretty good workout at the gym today - I try to push myself hard with the weights (I did 30min.), and I did a slow run for 50min. on the treadmill. When I was with my trainer she said I should do 60min. walking for cardio, which I was doing for about two months now, and I feel like I need a challenge. I think I want to do a 10k run clinic again this spring (with the RunningRoom), so I'm thinking if I incorporate a few long steady runs in my weekly routine, that should prepare me nicely.

I also notice a lot more new people at the gym. We'll see how long they'll last :) - I'm not being mean... I'm just interested... Not a lot of people come out to workout at 6:30 a.m., so you get to know the regulars. And I'm impressed that the newbies had come out that early. I know it's a struggle for me if I take a break from my routine - it has nothing to do with the motivation to go workout, it's just takes some getting used to get out of bed that early.

And in further efforts to establish a weekly (and complete) routine for myself, I've decided that Fridays are my treat days. :) Yay! What I've done this week - I've planned out the meals (dinners) for the week before we bought the groceries, and was very proud of myself for sticking with it. I like to cook, and most of the time I buy the basics, and then imporvise the dinner once I come home. I was really happy with the recipies that I picked for last week, all were very good (from WW cookbook). They were - spicy meatloaf, barley chicken, chicken with feta sauce, honey-mustard pork chops and I'm thinking of doing a ww-friendly sheppard's pie. But back to today's treat - since I brought my lunch to work every day of the week, I'm buying one today - I'm going for sushi. And, as an extra treat, I'm buying the fat-free organic yogourt (plain) and a pack of bluberries, and having that for desert (no sweetner! big step for me). I tried that yesterday and it was so yummy!

Oh yes, and I'm happy to report that I've been coffee and sweetner free for four days now! And I haven't had any alcohol since Christmas. I belive my last "bad habit" that I can improve on is my chocolate addiction... :(. I'm hoping to at least keep it under control. But I found that the less sugar I have (like from fruit - I don't take sugar in it's natural form :)) the less I crave sweets. So that may be an answer for me.

No comments: