Monday, June 18

Riding in the sun.


Yesterday I had the longest bike ride in my life - 3.5 hours! 25k baby! Woohhoo!

We are lucky to live in a city with so many trails and paths (which we haven't really explored yet). My DH's friend suggested we go check out the "beaches" along the Rideau river (I say "beaches" because to me a beach has white sand and beautiful, warm, tropical turquoise water... ahh how I love Cuba... this was not it... but, I digress). The ride, was, nevertheless, beautiful, since the path runs alongside the riverbank.

And I love water. Any water. I love to sit by a river, a fountain, by the sea. So, to ride my bike on a sunny day, overlooking the river (with my iP.od, of course, playing my favourite tunes...) was - pure heaven.

:)

p.s. my ass hurts today.

1 comment:

marie said...

pshaw! i grew up in the "beach(es)" area of TO. i guffaw at your idea!

p.s. i rode my bike around on sat, ran 8km yesterday and am suffering from a sore ass too :(