Thursday, October 5

Hungry

So, I know that I need to eat less. I eat pretty healthy, but the quantity is an issue for sure. Too much of a good thing, is still too much, I guess. But it's so hard! When I make the decision to eat less, that's all I think about. And I think I am truly hungry.

Here's what I ate today so far, and right now it's almost three o'clock, and I'm almost starving!

Egg (boiled) and bread - 3pt
Apple - 1pt
Yogourt - 2pt

All-bran bar - 2pt
Bread & tuna salad - 4pt
Yogourt - 1pt
Cookie - 3pt
----------------------> 16pt

and I still have to eat dinner!

I am planning to go and run on a treadmill as soon as I get home (about 30min - maybe 2-3 pts?).

And I know that it's being at work that kills me - whenever I'm bored or nervous I really want to snack. But when I get home, and eat dinner, I want a treat as well! Good thing is that we don't buy much, it terms of tempting treats, like choc. chip cookies and such. Like yesterday - I was roaming through the kitchen in search of something sweet, and I ended up eating half a nectarine, choc. pudding and some walnuts. So - not so terrible for a binge, really.

I went to the doctor today, to do some tests. The appointement ended up being late half an hour late! And then, when they finally put me in the room, nobody asked me why I was there (which is strange, because they always do, whenever you don't really feel like disclosing your real reason). Anyhow, the doctor came in, and I wasn't even undressed. So then she told me to undress, and she took another patient! So, I ended up being half an hour late for work.... Oh well, no one said anything.

Too bad I don't have anything yummy to eat tonight. Yesterday I went to the store to get some veggies, and ended up buying portabello mushrooms and asparagus. So I did a stir-fry with that, and some chicken breasts, and some ready-made fries, the healthy kind (mostly for DH, but I admit, I had a few too).

Lately, we've been buying a 'treat' dinner (if we don't go out for one, on the weekend). And, I really think, it ends up being even better than going to a restaurant - last week we had crab legs, some grilled (fresh) trout with portabella mushroom stir-fry and rice. It was sooooo yummy! And pretty good for you too.

I'm very lucky that my DH is totally into healthy eating as well. Not like a low-fat, diet kind of eating, but eating foods that are good for you, and avoiding trans-fats. And he never buyes any tempting foods (like cookies or chips). I don't think I could've handled that very well.

So, really I have no excuse to not loose the damn weight. I can excercise every day, and eat healthy. What more can I ask for?

No comments: