Wednesday, October 11

Lies, sweet little lies

I had my first meeting with the personal trainer. We weren't working out, and not even doing the measurements or weighing in - she just asked me questions about my motivation for working out, what I want to get out of it, and what I eat.

Well, the first part was easy. I want to loose at least ten pounds. That's my main goal. She asked me how much I work out - and I said four to five times in the gym, plus running on Sat. or Sun. Which is true, for the past couple of weeks, anyhow. But, of course, if I worked out that much always... well, I wouldn't be asking for her help. In truth, after our wedding in May, it all went downhill: I had the move to deal with, a new job, a new city, grandma's and my doggie's death. All in the span of three months. Needless to say, working out wasn't my priority.

Then there is the food part. When I told her was my "usual" day looks like, well, it looks perfect! I eat my veggies, get three servings of dairy, have my protein, and drink my water (oh, and an occasional sweet under 100 cal.). So, what is my problem? Well, the quantity. I don't smoke, I don't eat junk/fast food and I rarely drink pop. I only have one coffee a day. But I DO have many snacks during the day, and especially at night. And it all adds up in the end. So, she asked my to keep a food diary (*hmmmm* that sounds familiar...).

In the end, I think this will be a positive experience (having a trainer, I mean). It will give me the motivation, and the focus that I lack. I'm so close to my goal, I just have to be consistant, and do all the right things, that I know I should be doing.

Friday we are doing the weigh-in and body measurements (*iick!*), as well as body fat percentage. This one I'm really curious about. We'll see how it goes. I think this will be a good motivation for me not to pig out when we go to visit the parents and parents-in-law this weekend!

No comments: