Wednesday, February 13

Great weekend

I had such a good time this weekend! I showed all of my favourite places to my sister, we ate, we laughed, it was good... it makes me kind of sad that we live in different cities now... I think we could become much closer now that she's in her twenties as well (she's going to be 21 next week! where does the time go??), and I have a couple more years before I turn 30 (eeeek! 3 more, to be exact).

The good thing was that we didn't overeat at all. Instead of going out to eat, I made 'fun' food at home, and that was much much better! So, Saturday night we made sushi, my first time, and it was sooooo good! No raw fish, but we had some tofu, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, and fish roe. Yum! Sunday we skated on the canal... well "skated" is not the right word, because after about fifteen minutes on the ice we decided to rent a sleigh, so we pushed each other around in that. It worked out very well: first of all it looked like we could skate, we took regular breaks (our feet were hurting like crazy!) so we could stay out longer. Overall it was quite a workout... we ended up skating/running on ice for 2 1/2 hours! And whatever sweets we had, we shared - um... hello beavertails!

Monday we had some baked good from this French bakery for breakfast, but then we didn't have lunch, because we shopped until 3. Came home, made a healthy "snack" of broccoli and tofu, and then prepared a dinner, complete with a vegan chocolate brownie/cake. It was sooooo good!

So I don't feel guilty at all! Of course, we'll see what I'll say on Friday, but I can't say that I regret any of this. I didn't overindulge, but I didn't restrict myself either.

But I am looking forward to going back to my routine. It looks like I will only have two weight training days this week, the rest will be cardio. I'm going for an interval run on training today at lunch, and then I have my usual walk to and from work.

The food for today:

B: oatmeal with blueberries, and 1tsp peanut butter + soy milk
S: 25g almonds, pear and 1/2 red bell pepper
L: salad with crab meat and egg (yum!), + 1 piece sprouted grain bread
S: banana
L: salad, 2 chicken drumsticks, 1/2 cup of some kind of grain

p.s. I didn't mean to offend any people who love to live in Ottawa by my last post... sorry! I'm still adjusting, after almost two years living here... it's just very hard to find something to do without having a car, which we don't. I am beginning to like Ottawa in the summer, because of all the outdoor activities... but when people come to visit me, I don't really know what to do with them! lol :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad that you had fun with your sister. It sounds like the weekend was a blast.
and great job at not overdoing it with food this weekend!! NSV!

Randi said...

Glad you had fun! good work on the eating at home. and getting exercise in!

marie said...

i think you should come back to TO :P