Monday, February 25

Monday

Well, the new week is here. My weekend was pretty good - we went to a birthday party on Saturday. I think the last time I partied until 3am was New Years eve... which, to think of it, wasn't too long ago... hm...

Anyhow, we had a good time, I met some people from DH's work. I was pleased with myself because I had very little alcohol (and this party was mostly about drinks, some cake, some cheese, and lots of dancing). I wish I didn't have any though, because I had a glass of wine on Friday. I'm trying not to have any alcohol at all, but I do have a half glass of wine on Friday sometimes (this is part of my pre-pregnancy resolution).

Speaking of resolutions. The end of the month is near, so that means I have to evaluate my progress. (right, Randi?) :)

My resolution to become dairy-free is on track. I've switched to soy milk now, and the only yogurt in our fridge is the Mediterranean kind for my DH (as for cheese, I didn't eat much of it to begin with). I can't say that I feel much different, but I didn't expect to either - but not worse, and that's the important thing. :)

So now my breakfasts and lunches are completely vegan, but I do have chicken or some kind of animal product at dinner occasionally, and I'm okay with that. I found this blog recently, and I think my outlook on food has become much likeJenna's: I believe in whole, unprocessed food, lots of veggies and grains, no dairy and occasional poultry and fish. I'm comfortable with that. I don't have to go to extremes of excluding all animal products from my diet, and that means that I can still enjoy some of the same foods as my husband. In cooking food, my focus has changed from "what are we going to have with this chicken?" to "I'm making this awesome veggie dish, should I also cook some meat for DH?".

As for my work-outs, I'm waiting for the weather to become warmer, so that I could run to work, as oppose to walk. My lunch workouts are great, and I did add more cardio (so I workout ever weekday, plus my walking to and from work)... but the weekends are still lacking the intended runs... :( I didn't say I was perfect!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm having trouble with my weekend workouts too.
Maybe we need to add those to our March goals?

Randi said...

"right Randi?"
- right green girl.

Good job on being on track! I don't understand you reasoning and I don't have to, but as long as you're happy with your goal that's good with me.

I do notice you not talking too much about getting ready to post pictures...chickening out are we?