Tuesday, February 26

my new love

For the past couple of weeks I'd been having the same breakfast, every weekday. Oatmeal. I love it. It's so yummy, and you can add all kinds of stuff to it, and kind of "reinvent" it each time. My favourite additions are: peanut butter, flax seeds, blueberries, wheat bran, honey, hemp protein powder, soy milk.

But I do realize that I need to branch out a bit, it's not good to eat the same thing every day!

I love oatmeal because it's fast to prepare in the morning (I use the quick-cooking oats, but I do also want to try the steel-cut ones, because they are better for you, less processed).

Anyways, two days ago I tried my husband's red river hot cereal and I think I fell in love! :) It's very yummy and filling, and only 120 calories per serving! (it feels like much more when you eat it!). I make it with 1/2c of water and 1/2c of soy milk. I confess, I do add a tsp of sugar... :S 'cause it's very very plain otherwise (I would've added honey, but we were all out).

The reason I'm so surprised that I loved it because it did not look appealing to me at all! The lesson to me is - try the food first, and THEN decide if you like it or not... :)

P.S. I am NOT chickening out of the pictures! I will post them at the end of the month! :P
I don't think I'll see any improvement in my "problem" areas... but I think I definitely see more definition in my arms. I'll take a lot more pictures of my arms this time, because I only took two last month...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm switching it up for the oatmeal as well - right now I'm on a pancake kick - I like them plain, no syrup or butter. But they aren't as filling as oatmeal. :(

Randi said...

I was just bullying you into posting them right? Peer pressure!
I think I might have to try some of the add ins you listed for oatmeal. I just eat it with bananas once in a while. it's only ok for me. have to try some of the interesting ones.